Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Thursday, February 17, 2005

NBA All-Star Weekend

Since I don't really care for the actual All-Star game that is played on Sunday, I can't wait to watch the 3-point contest and the slam dunk contest that will be shown on Saturday. I hope LeBron James enters the dunk contest. I heard earlier that he was thinking about not doing it. I think he could display some good dunks and give the others a run for their money. Of course no one can do it like they did it back in the day...the days with Dr J. and Michael Jordan and let me go waaaaaayyyyy back, remember when Dominque Wilkins was throwing down the dunks!! Oh, yes! Those were the days.

Since Kyle Korver is the hometown boy representing in the 3-point contest, I am pulling for him. Although I think that he might have some problems. I noticed that he shoots better when he is on the run...seems that his release is more consistent when he has to shoot quickly, not just set and shoot as is customary in the 3-point contest. Oh well, he still has my vote.

Watched Charles Barkley last night on Jay Leno. Charles is and always has been my boy. I remember EXACTLY where I was when he was traded.....sitting in my livingroom in the rocking chair staring at the paper in disbelief. If someone walked into my house at that very moment they would have sworn that someone close to me had died! I know, I know, that is a bit dramatic now that I look back on it, but hey, like I said he was and still is my boy! Looked good on Jay Leno last night, too.

Well, let me go see what games are on. I'll check ESPN and ESPN2 for some college games. Oh, Tennessee lost to LSU. I wasn't really upset either because they are both my teams. I will be rooting for both of them in the tournament. I must add though, that I believe LSU has the edge because they go on spurts where they are just unstoppable. I love it! They are definitely exciting to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home