Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Rain, Pain, and that darn Drain!

Well, here I sit after some drama that happened this afternoon. I was doing some research on the Internet when I decided to go get some Mexican food. I noticed earlier that it was raining, but didn't think anything of it except that I should hurry up and venture out while it was still light outside. Anyway, I went downstairs and heard what sounded like water pouring down the side fof the house. Hmm, it must be raining hard, I thought to myself. I proceeded to get my jacket and sneakers on.
When I got outside, it was pouring!! I had no umbrella and nothing covering my head. I looked to the side of the house and saw this water spilling off the side of the roof to the porch. I looked up and sure enough the drain pipe had been blown off of the side so that now the water was just pouring onto the sidewalk and then down towards my neighbor's grass. Uh oh, I thought, I need to get that drain pipe back onto the roof. I went to get the snow shovel and used that to jump up and maneuver that pipe back to the roof.
Well, I forgot that I have this achilles tendon injury and when I landed back on my feet, I was in severe pain! OUCH! I looked up and the drain pipe was still hanging over. I go back in the house to get a chair and come back outside, stand on the chair, hit the pipe back in place and then at that point, I realize that not only am I in pain, but I am soaking wet and my finger is bleeding! What else could happen?!?!
As I am entering the house with the chair I bang the storm door hitting the glass and think, Oh great, I just broke the glass with the chair! But, it sounded worse than it was and thank God I didn't do any damage. I stood on the porch, and looked down at myself and thought that I should just stay home....forget the Mexican food. Hmph! No way! I went through all that and now I really felt the need to treat myself. I was getting the food!
Funny thing is that at this point, before I went back outside, I picked up my umbrella and proceeded out to the car as if nothing happened and as if I was not wet at all. LOL!!! I think someone may have seen me outside and thought that I looked like a complete idiot. Who cares? So, I ate my food and enjoyed every last grain of rice and every last bit of salsa. Mission accomplished...or so I thought!
I just looked out the window and the darn drain is off the roof once again! I will not go out there.....no, I refuse!!! Ok, wait, I'll have to write more.....right when I come back from fixing the drain pipe....at least I don't think its raining anymore. :0) Oh, by the way, can't wait to watch the Sixers tonight. Allen Iverson has been putting on a show. 60 points the other night! Simply amazing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home