Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Ramblings

Today I just feel like writing. Nothing specific, just me rambling on. I went into Philly on the train today and it was an adventure. See, I am not one to remember which trains to take and which track I need to be on to board the next train. Why would I remember when my friend is always there to guide me? I just never felt the need to pay attention. Well, today I was by myself and HAD to pay attention. I told myself that it would be ok. That I would not get lost. My friend had told me what number train to get on at what time. But then she had to make it more complicated for me and tell me that I would need to switch trains! Why?! I need to be able to stay on the same train for the duration of my journey....I can't be held responsible for looking at the electronic schedule to see which track I am supposed to be on. What, do these train people think that I am some sort of "daily train passenger?" I mean, come on, the last time I took the train I stayed on the same one. Oh, but wait, that was during the week. Ok, so now what? You mean to tell me that on the weekend things are different? Oh, please, give me a break!!!
So ok, I made my connecting train...whew!!! Oh no, did the lady sitting next to me just ask me if the train was going to North Broad???!! WTF??!!! Does she know that she is talking to a non-train riding individual?!! Doesn't it show on my face? I looked at her and said that I had no idea! Uh oh, some guy just woke up and told her that she was on the wrong train! Whew, at least I was on the right train! Now listen to me acting all billy bad a**!!
I made it! I got off the train and there is my friend screaming that I made it. I didn't get lost!!! YIPPEE!! Hey, I think to myself, this train thing is not at all that bad. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did you do on your return trip? Are you talking about local trains or long distance trains?

11:54 PM  
Blogger C said...

The return trip was great! I was a pro by then...well, at least that's what I told myself. I am referring to local trains because on the long distance trains, it seems that you get on one train and don't get off until you reach your destination. So,that to me is a piece of cake.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home