Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Eagle Spotting

Went to the Mall today and thought that the parking lot was extremley crowded. Didn't think much of it until I saw the line of people wrapped around the whole side of JC Penney's and Macy's. Now it was freezing out so I was thinking that it must be something important. I saw mothers out there with their kids wrapped in blankets, people camped out in chairs, people eating the usual Mall fare, and of course people just standing there looking like they were frozen in the spot that they were standing in. Then my observation button kicked in.....most of the people had on Eagles gear!!! Hmmmm...must mean that one of the Philadelphia Eagles is there to sign autographs. I am soooo smart!!! Sure enough I spotted Brian Westbrook sitting at a table in one of the sports stores.
Two hours later and he was still signing. He didn't look at all dazed or tired. I would have writer's cramp after all that signing! The sad part is that I think the fans had to pay something to get a ticket to stand in line for his autograph. What happened to the good old days when athletes would sign a piece of paper, a shirt, a pair of sneakers, or whatever the fan had with him or her at the time (my Dad once had Charles Barkley sign a five dollar bill because that was all he could get his hands on at the time)? Does everything have to cost money?????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home