Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Monday, February 21, 2005

Allen Iverson - All Star MVP

Last night the East finally beat the West again in the NBA All Star game 125-115. I wasn't intending to watch the game. I had the TV on just for background noise as I was reading ESPN the magazine. I looked up several times to see that someone had just slammed or that the West was running a fastbreak. After several times of doing this, I noticed that the game was just that...a game. The score was not a blowout and the teams were actually playing defense.
I though to myself that I had better focus on this game. It could be a good one. Then I heard some of the commentators saying that AI might get the nod for MVP if the East wins. Just then my competitive juices started flowing and I was fully in tuned to the game. Good thing too because Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter (although I am not a fan of his per se) made two incredible plays. Albeit passes to themselves for slam dunks. The only reason I liked it was because you never get to see plays like that except for in these type of situations. I continued to watch and pull for the East. Then the end of the festivities er, uh, I mean game, came and yes, AI was the MVP. Funny, or should I say ironic, how that the last time the East won, AI was MVP then as well. I think he deserved it. Congrats go out to AI. He is really playing the best basketball of his career in my opinion this year. I also must mention that I was proud because he is on my hometown team....LET'S GO Sixers !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home