Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Friday, April 08, 2005

In Search Of The Bus

Tomorrow they are having the Annual Fit Fest at the Pennsylvania Convention Center and from my understanding Jerome “The Bus” Bettis will be there to talk about Asthma and how to live with it. I am definitely on a mission, but the problem is that nothing lists what time he will be appearing. Thus, I will be “In Search Of The Bus.”
You see, I am a HUGE Jerome Bettis fan and several years ago I had the opportunity to meet him and get my picture taken with him. I had traveled to Florida for a Sports Conference and ran into him. He was kind enough to pose for a picture with me.
Well, over the years, I misplaced the picture and was looking everywhere possible in the house for it. I mean, I was in the closets, in the utility shed, in the linen closet, and in the attic. I just could not imagine where it could be. I was sweating and praying to St. Anthony to help me find it. I realized that I had missed the closet in the dining room. After searching through one box and having phone books fall on my head, I spotted another box. Lo and behold! That's where the picture was! Thank you St. Anthony!!!
Today, I went to get the picture blown up so that I can get him to autograph it for me. So, since I know the event starts at 10am, I will get there at that time and hope that I don't have to wait all day for the Bus to make a stop and sign my picture.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same picture of you and the BUS!!! Good thing I dont have to start looking for it - we need to get more organized!

8:24 PM  
Blogger C said...

I wish I had know that you had the same picture...then I would have made you sweat and look for the picture instead of me. HAHAHA

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home