Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Friday, March 25, 2005

It's Just Practice

I am so excited because tomorrow I will be able to see Pat Summitt and the Tennessee Vols run an open practice session! This is great since I was unable to get tickets to the games. I will also be able to see C. Vivian Stringer and her Scarlet Knights practice. Practice is from 12-4 at the Liacouras Center on Temple University's campus. I had been trying to find out if there were open practices. I was asking my Dad all week to check the papers and let me know if he sees anything. All week long he kept saying that he did not see anything in the papers. I believed him because my Dad reads the sports pages like he is inspecting each and every story with a fine-tooth comb. So, two days ago he brings me the sports section because there was a nice article in there about Rutgers beating Temple and how C. Vivian Stringer and Dawn Staley are both mentored by John Chaney.
I was getting chills reading the story because it was fascinating. Little did I know that by the time I got to the end of the story, my whole upper body would be experiencing the chills. Why, you ask? Well, at the end of the article, there it was, the announcement for the open practices!!!! "Dad", I said, "why didn't you tell me about the practices?" He nonchalantly says, "Oh, I didn't read that story." What?! I mean, come on, not the same man that reads the sports pages before he reads the rest of the paper....not my Dad, the man who, in my opinion, knows any and everything about sports. How could he have missed this?
All I could do was scream and holler about how I was going to practice!!!! My sister looked at me and said, "Come on, it's just practice." Maybe to them, but to me, its like winning the lottery. And, by the way, guess who's going to practice with me? Yep, my sister and my Dad! I'll keep you posted on my exciting experience. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home