Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Monday, March 21, 2005

Temple vs Rutgers

I said it, Temple would be playing Rutgers. I just knew it. I knew that both teams would win their opening round games. Temple beat Louisiana Tech 66-61 and Rutgers beat Hartford 62-37. Temple came out nervous and not playing their game at all. I mean they were down by 13 points! Then in the second half they came out and played like the team they are; one with the longest winning streak in the country (men's teams included)at 25 straight games. They found their rhythm...thank goodness. Rutgers on the other hand seemed to have it their way from the beginning. Their defense is something else. Sometimes their offense takes a break, but they are always tough on the defensive end. Now Tuesday night will be tough for me because like I said before, I like both C. Vivian Stringer and Dawn Staley. I will be torn watching them. I want them both to advance in the tournament. Since that can't happen, I am predicting that Temple wins this one. I know that they beat Rutgers earlier in the year and to me it seems like they are a stronger team now than when they played before. I do, however, think that it will be a close game.
I have to mention something about the telecast of the games. I know it is customary to show whichever game is local to your region. However, when Tennessee is playing West Carolina University and Penn State is playing Liberty, I would MUCH rather watch the Tennessee game. I wanted to see Pat Summitt reach a coaching milestone by getting 879 wins.
Forget the fact that I live in the Penn State viewing area. The Tennessee game is a game that I was pyched to watch ALL day...only to be teased with the beginning of the game and then led away to the Penn State game! I feel that the cable providers were lucky that the Penn State game was close and that I remained interested; otherwise I would have turned off the telecast completely and down the ratings would go. Ok, maybe my one little rating would not matter much, but there may have been others out there who felt the same as I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home