Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

One Exciting NCAA Filled Weekend

Practice for the Women's NCAA Basketball tournament could not have been better! We were able to see Texas Tech, Tennessee, Rutgers, and Ohio State. Although I do admit that we left just as Ohio State was taking the floor. It was a l-o-n-g afternoon and I would not have had it any other way. I was able to get some Tennessee players to sign my t-shirt, but the most rewarding and thrilling thing was that I was able to get Pat Summitt, the head coach of Tennessee to sign the t-shirt!!! I was like a kid at Christmas time opening my gifts when she came over and signed the shirt. She is very personable and takes time to listen to what people are saying to her as she is signing. I think I have more respect for her (if that's at all possible by me)after seeing her over the weekend.
Another great thing about going to the practice was seeing Rutgers and C.Vivian Stringer. She is another class-act. She acknowleged the fans when she entered the arena and again when she was exiting. She took time to sign each and every autograph and you could tell that she was happy to be amongst the fans. I don't think a smile ever left her face. Well, that is until they were practicing...it was all business then. And so it should be. I was able to sit in the front row for the entire afternoon and oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that I was the first person in the arena when the doors opened!
We were able to get tickets to the semi-final games and also to tonight's final game. Tennessee looked strong against Texas Tech and was able to win with ease. Rutgers had a close game against Ohio State, but was able to prevail in the end. This brings us to tonight's final with Rutgers taking on Tennessee. These are the two teams that I like the most. I will be torn watching this game. I will not wear orange or red to the game because I just cannot pick sides. May the best team win. Although I know I will be sharing the disappointment of the team that loses.
Note: I had picked Ohio State to be in the Final Four, but since Rutgers beat them, that will not happen. Yes, Rutgers is one of my favorite teams, but I must admit that I did not think that they would get past Ohio State. Good thing I'm not a betting girl!
Another Note: My Father and sister enjoyed the practice sessions just as much as I did. :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home