Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Sunday, July 03, 2005

Live 8 - Philadelphia

Living in the Philadelphia area has its privileges. Take for example yesterday. All over the news and radio everyone was talking about the big Live 8 awareness concert. News castors made mention of the fact that this was a history making event. There would be one million or more people converging on the Ben Franklin Parkway in the city of Philadelphia.

Now all week I was telling everyone that I would not be going to the concert, even though it was a mere train ride away for me. I mentioned that there would be way too many people there and that I just hate being in crowds. Then, Saturday morning all things changed.

I couldn't fathom missing such an event. I just wanted to go down there to say that I went. I wanted to be a part of history.

We decided at the last minute to hop the train and join the millions of others planted on the Parkway, making history for a cause. And, you know what? The crowds didn't bother me at all. The weather was great. The people were great. And of course, the artists were fantastic! I stayed much longer than planned, but it was well worth it. I was able to bring home some great souveniers and momentos.

I will forever remember attending the Live 8 concert. It feels great to have been a part of something so enormous. Yes, living here definitely has its privileges, but being a part of Live 8 is priceless. Hopefully, this is only the start of better things to come for the entire World!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home