Sports Jones

Experience the thrill of sports and other daily happenings from a sports enthusiast

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Seating And Sporting Events

Over the weekend I went to see the Philadelphia Phillies at the new Citizens Bank Park. It was my second time there, but my first time in the "regular" seats( the first time I went, I was fortunate to get a Suite). It was a double-header as the rain caused the game from the night before to be post-poned. We make it up to our "nose-bleed" seats (although it was quite high, the view of the city's skyline was magnificent) and start to get settled in. Then I realized that I was hungry and had to travel what seemed like a mile for food, but that is an altogether different story.
I was happy to see that there was no one in our row but us. I liked this because I then felt that I could spread out and relax a little. As the game went on more and more fans showed up. The thing I noticed that was quite amusing to me was the fact that most of the people decided to just sit "where ever". It was like they felt that since they had upper deck seats, it did not matter where they sat.
I found this amusing because numerous people were asked to move seats because the "real" owners of the seats had arrived. Now I don't know about anyone else, but when I go to a game I want to sit in my correct seat and not have to worry about being booted out and causing a commotion by having to gather my goods and stepping over people to exit the row. Then I noticed that the people who got booted went to the next set of open seats!! Come on, people, go sit where you are supposed to. Their shenanigans were making me miss the game because of course I had to be nosey to see what was happening and why there were so many people standing up.
Another thing I noticed was that the people who wanted to get up the most were the ones who were sitting near the middle of the row. This meant that they had to keep disturbing the people in their row each and every time they wanted to get up. My question is this: Why don't the people who get up frequently request aisle seats? This would alleviate the painstaking process of making everyone in the row get up every ten minutes. It seemed like the seventh inning stretch lasted the whole game for some people. I think that everyone should keep in mind that they are there to see a game; not to sit where they want or disturb the other people who want to see the game. What do you think? Is there anything at a sporting event that disturbs you or makes you wish you had stayed home to watch the game on your big screen tv?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What bugs me about seating arrangements at a sporting event are those people who sit behind (or in front of) you who hit you with their person or an object, but they DO NOT SAY "excuse me" and they do it a couple of times. RUDE!!!!!
Also, I get peeved when someone stands up in front of you and you cannot see the game. Now it is fine when great action is taking place on the playing field and everyone is excited about it...go ahead and stand up to support your team. What I am referring to is when that 1 RUDE person stands up in front of you for no particular reason but to stand up and watch the game. No one else is standing up and there is no "great" play to watch, yet that 1 RUDE person stands up in front of you so you cannot see. They have no regard for you. Ulimate RUDENESS.
Also, how about those people who come to the game late and have lots of things they are carrying. They take forever to sit down and get situated. In the mean time they are standing up in front of you attempting to find their seat & sit down, but more than likely catching a peek at the game while standing up and GREATLY IMPEDING your view of the game. They do so in such a way that they give no acknowledgement that there is anyone behind/in front of them that they are disturbing.
I could go on and on, but I won't.

10:43 PM  
Blogger C said...

I agree with your comments 100%. Fans truly can be RUDE!!!

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home